Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Bomberman Versus - My Dream Fangame
Music 
Yo, when I was a child, I guess my favorite video game franchise was probably Bomberman. Though I have never played that many Bomberman games(just the NES and SNES ones), this franchise was fire for me! This was the only franchise I would make fanfics about, record the songs with the audio recorder in my dad's old Java phone just to listen to them at any time, and with the exception of Guitar Hero, I guess Bomberman was truly the franchise I have always grinded to play as good as possible... I didn't even had internet at that time. I would even make theories, discover new things in the games, etc. It was also one of if not the first game I've ever played(though it was a bootleg edit).

So... ever since I was a kid, there was a fangame that I have always always dreamed about. When I was a kid, I began programming in Scratch(around 2016), and I thought that it was my chance to make my dream come true, but I was wrong. Scratch was very limiting, and with the time, I began learning new engines, new programming languages, become better at programming, but with the time, my projects were become way too ambitious each day. Recently, I was not just making games for fun anymore like in the Scratch era, I was just grinding and wasting my time with something out of my reach. I even stopped making fan games. Either because I thought of them as "a waste of time that could get a copyright strike at any time", or they would become so ambitious that I would never be able to make them in my spare time.

So recently, I was playing Super Bomberman 3, my favorite in the franchise and I have remembered why I even started making games in the first place. Now, I want to finally make my dream fangame come true. Ever since the beginning, I like to call it Super Bomberman Versus. I don't wanna reveal any details yet, specially as I can just stop working in this game at any time, but... I have already started working on it since yesterday. If I ever have any update, I will be sure to showcase it here. Also, there is a chance I might update some of the Super Bomberman franchise sheets on TSR.

And also, I'm using this as a opportunity(what a hard word for a non native English speaker) for me to learn Direct3D 11 programming and improve my skills with C(I began using this language recently, but I'm loving it so far. It was also the language used for the PS1 Bomberman games AFAIK). And even if this game never happens, at least I can learn something.

I am looking foward to this. Hopefully I can make this fangame happen someday. Thanks everyone for reading. Hopefully you guys don't find this post cringe.  Tongue
Just a random dude. I really love programming in C! Hopefully I can publish a game someday! Sometimes I like to rip Super Nintendo games too!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Super Bomberman Versus - My Dream Fangame - by Alefy San - 01-25-2023, 10:17 AM