Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to rip models from Unreal Engine
Hello everyone!
I've played the PC game "Alice Madness Returns" lately, and as i love the visual style, i'd like to export some of the models from the game, for archival purposes. I saw that the lovely DemonBoy and TheMaddog (both don't seem to be around here anymore, sadly) already submitted a couple of models, but not all of them. I'm very new to ripping models, and as i'm struggling a bit for now, I'd like to ask if someone as some advices or tutorials that could help me?
So the game is based on the Unreal Engine (3 or earlier, as the game uses .psk and .pskx files). So i used Umodel to export a bunch of various assets from the game files, but i have no idea what to do next. I have .spk files that are (please correct me if i'm wrong) the model files, the .png files that are obviously textures, and .txt files that are, I suppose, used to apply the textures on the models, but I don't know how to make all of those into a coherent whole that would allow the complete, textured model to be visualized. 
Could someone advice me on this, or redirect me to where i could find some answers?
Thanks in advance y'alls!

Edit : so the models submitted by the users mentioned above (thanks again to them) have a .mtl file, which is suppose is precisely what i'm searching for : a file containing the information about how the textures are supposed to be applied on the model (am i right)? So how can i generate one from the files i extracted from the game? Mus i somehow covert them from the txt file or are they a completely different matter?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
How to rip models from Unreal Engine - by Kino-san - 01-06-2023, 03:54 PM
RE: How to rip models from Unreal Engine - by CLS - 01-06-2023, 07:32 PM