Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Question about updating/revising submissions
Hello. For a long time, I wanted to update my old sprite sheets to remove the section about giving credit and/or not claiming my rips as their own (I might also have credit info inside the .zips of sound/texture uploads I did, I would need to check).

I don't really mind people not crediting me for a sprite sheet or whatever of the sorts, in fact, I do feel bad asking for crediting me for sprites/artworks I didn't made (to clarify, I did extract the contents of a game and made the sprite sheets, yes, but not the original sprites themselves). While I won't include text asking for users to credit the original creators of a game the sprite sheet is from, I still would like to remove the "credit me / don't claim as your own" section of my old sprite sheets, as well some new ones that I just want to remove the credit entirely.

I think it's up to the user to decide how they would like to use the sprites I provided. And I think it's more professional to just keep the sprites themselves without including "Ripped by:" and the sorts, the top of the page already mentions who uploaded a sprite sheet. That's just a me thing and it's okay if others do this.

So... for the actual question:

I would like to know if I post a new revision to an old sheet of mine, is the sheet in question going to be in the next site submissions update? Because I don't want to flood old sprite sheets with the only update being the removal of the credits section.

The only sprite sheets that I plan in actually updating its contents are the Touhou EoSD ones because I want to apply the alpha mask to the sprites (the game has graphics without transparency due to the use of a separate graphics that handles alpha masking).

Thank you.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Question about updating/revising submissions - by gabrielwoj - 06-12-2022, 08:24 AM