Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kid Chameleon fans? (+ Fangame idea?)
Cool 
[Image: Kid_Chameleon_Coverart.png]

Well, I wouldn't really consider this game too obscure, I've seen it on a couple official Sega collections, so it still has some kind of relevance.
Anyone else here ever played this game? Maybe are perhaps a fan of it? Personally I feel like a mario-esque 90s platformer game probably wouldn't have much of a present fanbase in this day and age, but hey, you never know.
I was born at a time when the PS2 was brand new, so I never grew up in a 90s console war Nintendo Vs. Sega era. Despite that, my dad had a lot of games from that time, and some of my favorites to play where a select few Genesis (and Super Nintendo) games. I was definitely most into 16-bit games at the time.
Despite being a massive fan of Sonic The Hedgehog (hence my username), my favorite game just has to be Kid Chameleon. I'm not sure why, maybe it's the nostalgia of playing it all the time during the spring and summer, or maybe it's just genuinely fun. I make it a thing to play this game all the way through once every year or two because of how much I really enjoy it. It may seem to be a Mario clone, but the whole multiple branching paths thing and cool mask powers is definitely neat.
This website is about the only place I can think to ask this kind of question, considering a large part of the resource sites is older video games.

Another reason I ask is because I've also had an idea in my head for a long time for my own fan-made sequel or remake to the game. It'd be in the original 16-bit style, but I could see it being a sort of 2.5D remake, though realistically it'd be much easier for me to work with a 16-bit aesthetic.
I highly doubt this game will ever be touched on officially other than maybe more ports in more sega collection things, so I thought maybe it'd be fun to work on this hobby project. I've heard years ago of a team of developers working on a fanmade recreation of the game in 2.5D, but info on that is scarce (especially info in English), and I think it's long since been abandoned.
Would anyone be interested in playing such a thing? I mean, there's no guarantee I'd ever get around to making a full fan-game on my own, but it's nice to think about. I've already got a bunch of ideas for new helmets, zones, mechanics, and more if anyone's interested to know.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Kid Chameleon fans? (+ Fangame idea?) - by SonicTonic - 05-13-2022, 10:54 PM