Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for Touhou Lost Word missing files
(03-20-2023, 11:13 PM)IVBOY Wrote: Apologies for the long-winded rant, but as I said, it's your choice to upload the JP-Exclusive content, and if you decide to wait, that's cool! I did that for F1 Sanae's battle sprites, after all, so to tl;dr what I said:
-Miyoi only has Cutscene Sprites and an Icon, usually only characters who are to be playable in the near future (1-3 months?) have portraits and even closer units have battle sprites (1-4 weeks given maintenance doesn't occur before their inclusion). This is a more recent occurrence though, and sometimes units can be thrown in entirely at random moments.
-Global and Jp share the same or similar files, sometimes a few versions off from each other, but Global has more due to their own custom events (EXP quests, Elemental EX, etc). That or the two you mentioned are being released soon.
-The category is inclusive for both JP and GLB content.
-It's your choice to upload anything. Worst case scenario, I may end up uploading the characters you mentioned in my rip.

I hope this clears some stuff up, and I apologize that this is a really, REALLY long response.  Ouch! As I said, do whatever you feel is right in the moment, and if you need more support on the decision, the Discord server for the Video Games Resource is available. Good luck, Kana!

Despite me cutting a good majority of your post here to make it shorter, no need to apologize, I find that explanation fascinating. Probably because I'm a programmer myself, and seeing how this game decides that things should be called fascinates me. I actually have had a lot of the assets you mentioned already, but was a bit worried to upload incomplete spritesheets. Merry and Renko have been floating around in my cache the whole time, but I was focusing on finished characters. The only thing I don't fully understand is why on occasion my main account and alt account got different assets in their caches (specifically, with A6 Remi and Flan. One account had each despite neither having either of them). A lot of this explains global's... uhhh.... "weird" extra events which randomly reuse assets and seem to be very weirdly written. I must admit I'm very distanced from any way of knowing how the development of this game in particular is, as I'm more in tune with regular Touhou games from ZUN directly than this. I also don't listen to those long dev streams as they're usually at bad times in my timezone.

Even with a better understanding of these cutscene exclusive characters, I'm still questioning whether I'll upload some as I... lost some with the original cache I had as I accidentally wiped all my rips with that Ouch! . My life situation is massively changing soon and I don't know if I'll be able to go into a full cache again for a rip. I'd love to do so, but I don't feel pressured to do so as I feel I've left my mark on this community.

On a more upbeat note, I noticed today that I incorrectly uploaded Yukari (Boundary of Sand and Sea) as titled as a completely unrelated Youmu sprite lol.

Once again, thank you to you and everyone who's posted in here for all the helpful information. I don't think I'd have been able to figure this all out myself, and I don't know how I'd be able to sleep knowing so many rips hadn't been uploaded here (Akyuu's Fantasy Rebirth being potentially lost is actually what triggered me to start). I'll continue to do what I can prior to me being unable to upload for about 2.5 months. Maybe some HUD or tutorial elements next? (I have loads of English tutorial assets, and every event currency icon, and I uh don't think I've got the time to figure out what Hifuu backgrounds I have)
-Kana Smile
Thanked by: IVBOY

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Touhou Lost Word missing files - by KanaKonpaku - 03-21-2023, 03:04 AM