Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for Touhou Lost Word missing files
(03-20-2023, 08:39 PM)KanaKonpaku Wrote: I've noticed something weird. I have full assets for the two most recently announced characters on the Japanese Lost Word Youtube channel. Yet none of the scarlet characters that are exclusive to the Japanese version are in the US cache. Also out of curiosity does Miyoi even have a portrait in the Japanese version? Someone in the comments on the lost word page keeps asking for the stuff and I don't feel comfortable releasing what I have (I'm seriously getting tired of people requesting assets in the comments, I don't even think that's allowed on here?).

Regardless with those Japanese exclusive B3 characters announced now, I might make spritesheets in advance. They've been in the files since I started ripping the game, oddly. Also I keep having an odd issue where folders seem to be duplicates of each other (a certain group of 500 were literally identical). Oh well.

To start on the easier half of the comment, I believe C3 Miyoi has portrait art, while L1 Miyoi only has a cutscene design, though I may be wrong as I don't believe it is called, and there is no option to just download every asset (like in Pokémon GO), which is unfortunate. This is, however, the same for Rinnosuke, Renko, Merry, and the PC98 Characters, so the best the user is getting is a cutscene assembly sprite and nothing more, since as of now the devs don't appear to intend to add them as units, and thus they don't have a fancy background like units that are intended to be implemented soon do, nor any sprites for being selected in a menu or something. However, I can absolutely confirm that she may have an icon sprite, as not only have I ripped a few of those, but also, they were used in teasers before. [Image: 08_Main_Story_Characters.png]
(Notably, here, there's the multitude of Gen/Fes units that weren't even in JP at the time, and then there's... Rinnosuke, Miyoi, and Yukari's Baby Alt. I was able to find some for PC98 Reimu, PC98 Marisa, Renko and Merry too in my previous rip. There should be clean rips of all of these somewhere...! ...which also makes me realized I never checked the homescreen options to see if they'd be added to my game's cache. Thankfully, it only added 1 file, so thank lord.)
To add to this comment, the Eirin Alt that gets used in Sakuya's Relic Story and Hifuu EX is stored differently than every other silhouetted unit, actually being displayed in-game as it's stored in the files, so she's quite possibly the only exclusion to the "every unit gets an icon and some cutscene sprites" bare minimum rule.

As for the latter, well... I assume you mean H5 Keine and Doremy. This can be explained with one of two things:
-This happens consistently with any unit that's to be added within a short period without maintenance, though sometimes it doesn't. I found F1 Sanae Battle Sprites (the Red/Yellow One) and Beach Reimu (entirely) before the former appearing as a boss in C4A2, and the latter appearing in a banner (though I found her before her simultaneous JP/EN Release). It seems to have gotten worse as B3 Hecatia, A6 Yuuka and H5 Kiene were all leaked in full, playable form without placeholder sprites up to a week prior to their banners on billibilli, which is weird especially when F1 Sanae and Dragon Marisa only have placeholder sprites for their buttons if you make their enemy data playable. If you don't feel comfortable releasing any content that isn't yet available in global, though, that's alright, but the mods shouldn't yell at you for uploading JP Exclusive content, as I did that with the Nurse Tengu set a week prior to their inclusion in Global. The best rule of thumb is to think of it being available in-game directly on either version, especially since...
-The English Version has ALL of the JP Version's current files at the time of the update and then some, from what I can gather. I think the only thing you won't get yelled at for adding prior to release is the inclusion of their portraits IF they have one. 

Apologies for the long-winded rant, but as I said, it's your choice to upload the JP-Exclusive content, and if you decide to wait, that's cool! I did that for F1 Sanae's battle sprites, after all, so to tl;dr what I said:
-Miyoi only has Cutscene Sprites and an Icon, usually only characters who are to be playable in the near future (1-3 months?) have portraits and even closer units have battle sprites (1-4 weeks given maintenance doesn't occur before their inclusion). This is a more recent occurrence though, and sometimes units can be thrown in entirely at random moments.
-Global and Jp share the same or similar files, sometimes a few versions off from each other, but Global has more due to their own custom events (EXP quests, Elemental EX, etc). That or the two you mentioned are being released soon.
-The category is inclusive for both JP and GLB content.
-It's your choice to upload anything. Worst case scenario, I may end up uploading the characters you mentioned in my rip.

I hope this clears some stuff up, and I apologize that this is a really, REALLY long response.  Ouch! As I said, do whatever you feel is right in the moment, and if you need more support on the decision, the Discord server for the Video Games Resource is available. Good luck, Kana!
[Image: image.png?ex=662108ed&is=660e93ed&hm=ae8...14b6664de&]
Quote:What the hell am I doing here?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Touhou Lost Word missing files - by IVBOY - 03-20-2023, 11:13 PM