Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for Touhou Lost Word missing files
(02-23-2023, 09:39 PM)IVBOY Wrote: Well, if it helps, I sent that large file that I couldn't open myself up in the thread here earlier. I could also try to send it, but I've deleted Bluestacks from my PC at this point as it was taking up space and I do not believe I'll get a complete file from it, like what happened last time.

Actually, considering something that happened recently, I might try to do a second comb-through of the files, if college isn't kicking my butt- I can PM you the file you're looking for if need be, though I'd have to remember the specifics of how to get it beforehand. Something I noticed while doing my runthrough is that everything was randomly scattered, but I could've found every asset for the game if something hadn't gotten botched along the way, so hopefully someone else in the thread can do this for you as for some reason, when I did it, a lot of stuff got obfuscated, so I don't think I'd be very reliable.

As a bit of an aside for anyone who bumps into this, I think we should try playing through the game some in order to make sure we get everything. I think that's why a bunch of the stuff I had didn't load, though I understand if it may be an issue to spend a few days trying to get lucky with character pulls or getting a high enough level to advance through the story.

I'll check that out, sadly chances are your cache won't help unfortunately as I need someone with a good amount of playtime. Sure I have a good amount from playing since launch, but I skipped a few banners during a vacation as well as some side stories and feasibly can't do all the fantasy rebirth costumes myself as the game won't even give me the resources to do it. I'm uploading a massive amount of sprites from mine that should complete the vast majority of base game characters, and I have a large amount of story cards too. But making them into sprite sheets is just as time consuming as ripping. Oh also, there is at least one file in the cache that is completely bad and will crash AssetStudioGUI without fail.

Also, I can confirm assets are downloaded on demand as all character costumes are downloaded if you view them in the friends tab in the main menu (this is what the "Connecting..." is doing when the game freezes while viewing them). It seems the game also downloads fantasy rebirth costumes when they are needed as they aren't displayed on the friends menu until they are unlocked through the annoyingly long process. The odd thing is that characters that were in banners that I haven't even obtained seem to be in my cache, and I don't know why the game downloaded them. It might download characters that are in the story line as well as one's you have.

Regardless thanks for responding, and hopefully we get this game completely ripped some day. I intend to make a separate thread somewhere devoted to a ripping tutorial to make it easier for people to figure out how to do it, as this thread is more so devoted to helping someone than a tutorial with how to do it and keeping track of what isn't ripped. It was a bit confusing at first but with the help here I will definitely post the rips of quite a bit of this game.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Touhou Lost Word missing files - by KanaKonpaku - 02-27-2023, 01:22 AM