Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for Touhou Lost Word missing files
(05-13-2022, 06:18 PM)Kamanira Wrote: Hey all, Kama here. A few days back, I decided to look into Touhou Lost Word for sprites. Naturally, I checked spriters for the character I wanted, but they weren't there. The character in question is Saki Kurokoma, and I know for a fact that she's in the game. Issue is, when I went through the game files myself, I found that she WAS there-- but only her battle sprites, not her character portrait or dialogue art. So I looked deeper.

After asking around a while, I heard that apparently, Lost Word will only download the files currently needed at the time of downloading the game-- if the content isn't currently available in the game, you don't download it. This includes old event files, characters that were available to pull for a limited time (like Saki) and other temporary details. More than likely, if you OWNED a limited character and reinstalled later, it recognizes that, and adds the character to the download batch.

Since I downloaded the game only recently after barely playing a month after the initial global launch, I was hoping someone might be able to send me LW files from a client that's downloaded all the updates. I know for a fact Saki's in the game, she has battle sprites, as well as a gamepress page with her art.

Any help is much appreciated!

Hope I didn't arrive too late

I'd be willing to help. Was trying to rip the files as well but ended up with only the base sprites. Theres little to no ripping documentation on this game so I'm always happy to contribute to this issue being resolved. 

Been playing almost since release and downloaded all updates since also have been whaleing for most FES characters so they're downloaded on my client. I'm using Nox however so I don't know how I could send you my files. Where do I find the data.vdh in this case? Do I need to turn on root mode? 

Looking forward to a response, and thanks for bringing attention to this game.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Touhou Lost Word missing files - by SaIieri - 08-20-2022, 03:32 AM