Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hello!
That makes me glad!

Yeah, many great games are much less known than they deserve to be because of the language barrier. I used to think that that was especially the case in the past and that newer games would not suffer from that fate, but even today there are lots of titles that do not get released or translated everywhere.

And Angelique is a prime example of that issue. The game series is alive and well in japan with a lot of games a new Switch title that was just released last year! Here you don't even hear about it's existence.
A friend of mine does not want to play the Tales of the Abyss game on the 3DS, simply because his english skills are lacking very much and there is no german translation without workaround, although he is a huge fan of the Tales-of games.
Chrono Trigger is not even a very obscure title, yet the european people had to wait for the DS version in 2009 to get an official release with translation.
(That's another reason why I love Secret of Evermore, the game was never officially released in japan which turned the tables for on, heh)
I think the localization issues are getting better now, but it really surprises me how long it takes for the marketing people to realize other countries might be just as much into x game.

For some reason playing games in a language you don't understand has something magical to it. Although you don't get a single word, the games might be still very fun and that really shows how great the gameplay, music or the graphics of that game are.

I always had a thing for somewhat obscure games. It is so nice to see that even these rather unknown games have aquired quite the following now. I was very sad when in elementary school almost nobody knew what a SNES is anymore (I was born in the wrong generation I suppose, the Wii was already on the way at that point) and those who did know had never heard of the games I played. I grew up accepting that nobody cares for those games. Gaining stable access to the internet then let me realize there are many people who do really care! Such a nice feeling knowing you are not alone with those good memories from those games. And just like you said, there are people that are appreciating the time and effort that was put into making those games. And even bad games or art can help at learning. I fully agree, it should not be forgotten!

Game ripping really feels like a puzzle, with each sheet and game there comes that good feeling of inching closer to the full picture one day. Very satisfactory, no matter how big it is!
Thanked by: Yawackhary

Messages In This Thread
Hello! - by Sakuczya - 02-21-2022, 08:52 AM
RE: Hello! - by Yawackhary - 02-21-2022, 04:19 PM
RE: Hello! - by Sakuczya - 02-22-2022, 10:08 AM