Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hello!
Hm, no idea how to start these kind of things. First time I am actually really using a forum of this kind instead of just lurking around, but I decided to break my silence haha!

So what is there to say about me...

SNES was a huge part of my childhood and for me there is pretty much nothing more visually appealing in games than wellmade pixelart. (All Enix/Quintet and Squaresoft games favourite, very special and uncommon picks, I know Smug ) Whenever I wouldn't play SNES games myself I would watch Let's plays of things like Super Mario World. The good old hoax videos where someone found a secret laser powerup or a hidden super secret levelĀ  soon introduced me into Lunar Magic and SMW hacking. That sparked my interest in game making and behind the scenes stuff! It was so cool seeing other sprites in SMW that usually don't belong there. Finding out more about how they made these games in the first place and the more technical site was quite overwhelming at first, but with the years I got more and more the gist of it (especially since my english has improved).

I adore this site, because it gave me access to so many sprite sheets and thus allowed me to tinker around with RPG maker and similar things easily! The way everything here is written feels so wholesome and nice! I kinda wanted to give something back and realized there are still SNES games missing. One of which was Angelique. Makes sense since it is quite a obscure game. It is japanese only. I played it as a kid and did not understand a single word. But the game focuses a lot on the character protraits. And with the power of savestates and checking if the answer I gave made a positive facial expression appear, I made it quite far into the game. (Those old savestates I made as a kid actually helped me a lot in my ripping task. I gave my past self a good pat on the back for I always spammed savestates back then, especially at scenes that looked nice to me! B) ) I first tried to do it with decompressing the graphics (Thank you person who made the Koei decompression tool!), but it was still so confusingly aligned that I decided to use the good old method of screenshots, vSnes and Krita.

That game was the beginning of the otome genre (dating sim for girls). There have been some attempts in the past to make a translation of the game, but from what I've read all those projects died down because of issues with the game, formatting, code.
I hope that my work might easen the way for fan projects that might try to recreate and translate this game on other engines. Big Grin
It's a game that really influenced me a lot as a child in a positive way. I think that the graphics are quite nice. And it's a good example for isometric view of rooms as well as how to make certain materials in pixelart. Feel free to ask me anything about the SNES Angelique game! Tongue

I really have to say, now that I have done some myself... I have huge respect for everybody who is contributing to this site! I did not expect it to be so much work. But it also really improved my workflow, understanding of animations and layers and it really feels amazing to see all the work I have done uploaded! I can rest in peace as cheesy as that sounds, it is a big accomplishment for me!

If I will rip another game it would probably be some Chibi Maruko-Chan SNES game. Just as obscure. And I have just as countless hours and savestates there. Probably only a few care about that, but there is that completionist itching. Cry

I am trying my best and after I am done with Angelique (as of writing I am triyng to capture the guardian spells somehow) I will probably go back to lurking until I one day might be able to provide the sheets of my own pixelart game. (See you in 50+ years for that, haha! Ha... Ouch! )
Thanked by: Yawackhary

Messages In This Thread
Hello! - by Sakuczya - 02-21-2022, 08:52 AM
RE: Hello! - by Yawackhary - 02-21-2022, 04:19 PM
RE: Hello! - by Sakuczya - 02-22-2022, 10:08 AM