Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Weird Bad Weighting error, false positive?
Hi all, need a hand because I haven't been able to find a solution.

So I've been ripping rigged models from Monster Hunter Stories. I check all the bones, all is well. But when I put the model though the model checker, I get this:

Quote:This model has 1641 point(s) with bad weighting. The weights of each bone should sum up to exactly 100% for each point, as otherwise they will not move correctly. If this model was converted from another format with a tool/script, there may be a flaw in the tool/script.

So naturally, I check the model again, using these scripts to find any weights that aren't adding up.

Quote:mport bpy
me = bpy.context.object.data
for p in me.polygons: p.select = False
for e in me.edges: e.select = False
for v in me.vertices: v.select = sum(g.weight for g in v.groups) > 1
^For finding unassigned vertices

Quote:import bpy
me = bpy.context.object.data
for p in me.polygons: p.select = False
for e in me.edges: e.select = False
for v in me.vertices: v.select = sum(g.weight for g in v.groups) > 1
^For finding overweighted vertices

The overweighted one finds a bunch. So naturally I check one of the offending vertices, in this case, the tip of the longest claw. 
[Image: Bad-Weights.png]

And get this, the weights add up to exactly 1! 0.698039+0.301961 = 1! Yep, I even copied the exact numbers Blender provided into my calculator to make sure.

[Image: It-Equals1.png]

WTF is happening? Is the error so infinitesimally small that Blender can't display to enough decimal places, or is there something else going on? I attached a model as a sample.

Thanks for any assistance.

Attached Files
.zip   Yian Kut-Ku.zip (Size: 348.83 KB / Downloads: 71)
Thanked by: Rathalos

Messages In This Thread
Weird Bad Weighting error, false positive? - by Nooga - 12-15-2021, 12:15 AM