Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Tutorial] Ripping from Capcom 3DS games (Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter and more!)
(03-19-2024, 08:52 PM)Lifepowder Wrote: Been trying absolutely everything to try to get this to work for Monster Hunter: Stories (3DS, of course) but still having trouble getting the textures to line up properly on the model. Unfortunately this thread is still the top result on search engines for the topic :( Any leads would be super helpful !! Might have to give up and wait for the PC release.

Thank you for you work Nooga !

[Image: image.png?ex=660cb631&is=65fa4131&hm=4ad...5615934af&]

Sorry, I figured it out ! 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=16020]
I forgot to vertically mirror the texture files. I swear I tried that before (months ago) but it works now, anyways. Maybe I was accidentally rotating them 180° instead, or importing them into Blender wrong.
I also thought the UV maps had been messed up during the .arc -> .mod or .mod -> .fbx process which is why I came here for help.

Also, I am not going to acknowledge KZ_3D's undisclosed advertisement but know that it costs 50€ and is not needed; the MT Framework plugin works much better.

Since I'm already here, ScarletConvert isn't necessary. Kuriimu2 can also convert .tex to .png. Open, drag and drop .tex, 'Export Image'.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16022]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] Ripping from Capcom 3DS games (Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter and more!) - by Lifepowder - 03-22-2024, 07:57 AM