Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PSX Fighting Game ripping help
Greetings everyone! This is my first post on the forum, so forgive me if there's some janky formatting to my post.

To cut to the chase, I was recently made aware that the Japan exclusive Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special Dominated Mind has an exclusive character in the form of the final boss "White".

[Image: NaaDEX3.gif]

The character can be selected via cheat code and doesn't have a bunch of moves, so I thought it would be a feasible project to make a sheet out of, and I've managed fine so far by using BizHawk's screenshot feature and Paint.net.

BUT, some frames are impossible to get a clean rip of unless I use the PSX-vram method with ePSXe save states, and there lie 2 big problems I've come across:

1. Trying to use ePSXe's savestate feature has been a pain in the butt thanks to the lack of frameskipping features, and even if I set the FPS limit to 1, the program bugs out and becomes very unresponsive, making trying to get the timing right for a savestate nigh impossible.
  2. Even if I manage to get a good savestate, to my shock and dismay the graphics shown on the PSX-vram program DO NOT match up with the ones in the savestate.

[Image: GKJaH4a.png]

In the image above for example, the screenshot/savestate preview shows the frame I want to get a hold of, BUT, when I checked the graphics in the work area by hand (in the lower left corner), they show a different (if similar) frame I already got a clean rip of by hand!

So, that's the crux of my problem, which is why I've posted here for help:

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a more reliable method/program I don't know of? Should I just give up in this exercise of frustration?
Thanked by: arringtastic1

Messages In This Thread
PSX Fighting Game ripping help - by Lukebarz - 12-08-2021, 06:32 AM
RE: PSX Fighting Game ripping help - by Kanbei - 12-14-2021, 02:26 AM