Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
First Timer! Question About GBC Color Profiles
Hi everyone!

I'm really excited about contributing to the site and I have a question about color discrepancies across GB emulation.
I've mostly been working with VBA for extracting assets but I usually use Gambatte when I'm playing the game casually and I realized that I don't know what the preferred color palette is for uploading. Obviously everyone doesn't go into their sprite sheets and color-correct but is it frowned upon to use for instance the Gambatte's slightly more washed out palette to better replicate the GBC screen?

I know personally I actually prefer the washed out look of Gambatte and feel it better represents the intention of the art but also, should I care that much?

I've attached some parts of the sheets I'm working on right now: Left = VBA, Right = Gambatte

Ultimately I will probably just stay with VBA as I'm finding it easier to work with, but I'm curious what other people's thoughts are or if this conversation comes up much. Again, very new to this but I'm really looking forward to making progress on this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
First Timer! Question About GBC Color Profiles - by VicBoss - 11-12-2021, 08:42 PM