Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Extracting 3D Models from APKs?
Been searching for a while now and haven't had much luck, so I've made this thread. I'm also generalizing my question for anyone that might come across this in the future because the little I've found has been a huge help. Maybe this will help someone find more.

Basically, I've been trying to get ahold of a few character models from a game called Shironeko Tennis to no avail for the past several days via APK. I'll explain my findings and methods to see if anyone can help me figure this out.

Using AssetStudioGUI, but I've tried other things, including TinyRipper. Hasn't worked well.

I downloaded my APK from APKpure for anyone curious. I also got into the APK by converting it into a .zip.

Main takeaway notes:

1. There's a particular .gz file that causes AssetStudio to freeze if you try to load in the entire APK folder. It's between the META-INF and res folders. I deleted it and was able to load everything else with no trouble after that.

2. I was only able to find any trace of characters by checking "Display all assets" in the options. For some reason, none of the characters are saved as meshes or 2D textures, but rather as GameObjects. A few other games I've tried to look into have been this way too.

3. The bits of characters are encrypted (well, maybe it's not that serious) as .dat files if you try to extract them. I've been looking for ways to translate, but I don't know enough about coding to be able to get these in a place to even view them. This is the biggest roadblock for me, as I could probably sort through the files if they could be opened.

4. There's a consistent asset called "CharacterLoader" under MonoBehaviors. Aside from the name, I believe this is key to piecing characters together. 

Eh?

UPDATE: After figuring out more things with AssetStudio, I've come to two potential conclusions:

1. The character models aren't included in the base game at all.
2. The character models are buried deep within the game's code and aren't able to be picked up by AssetStudio.

The only evidence I have for the former is that after messing around with AssetStudio more, you can extract pretty much every other mesh in the game. I'm leaning towards the latter being the case, as there aren't really any extensions that you can get for this game.

What puzzles me is that it's clear that it isn't impossible, as I've seen models floating around the web-- even seen a handful of models on DeviantArt and Sketchfab from another game in the Shironeko franchise. I have additionally found posts on Reddit suggesting that people have gotten into the models before, but those posts have been deleted.

There's also a huge chance I'm using AssetStudio wrong. I've tried to match results with other people who have done game rips using AssetStudio, and I've mostly been unsuccessful with it. I guess I'll keep looking around more for more information and reach out to some people since most YouTube tutorials haven't been of any help at all.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Extracting 3D Models from APKs? - by TheEleh - 10-31-2021, 01:58 AM
RE: Extracting 3D Models from APKs? - by TheEleh - 11-01-2021, 04:48 PM