Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[TUTORIAL] Ratchet and Clank HD Trilogy
So we finally have an easy way of getting most models from the first three Ratchet games, specifically the PS3's HD collection ports. Sadly, no rigs, but it's better than NinjaRipper so here goes.

This tutorial assumes you have a copy of the game ready on your PC.

For Blender users, I made an add-on (see below) that automates the normal fixing process, which is particularly great for fixing ripped levels and other things that have a lot of mesh objects. Versions for 2.79 and 2.8+. Read the instructions before using for the best experience.

.zip   RaCNFix.zip (Size: 2.49 KB / Downloads: 188)

Part 1 - Prep work
Part 2 - Ripping with Replanetizer
Part 3 - Fixing the model No longer needed in latest Replanetizer versions, but leaving here just in case
Some notes: At the moment, Singleplayer skins and most weapons can't be ripped with Replanetizer. For the singleplayer skins there's another method but the tool to get the textures has a dead link and no mirror. If someone can give me a copy, I'll make a tutorial for the singleplayer skins. I would like to get in touch with the Replanetizer devs to see if exporting models from files that aren't engine.ps3 is possible, but IDK where to find the Ratchet modding discord and GitHub is probably not the place to bother them with feature requests.

Regarding weapons - multiplayer versions of weapons should not be used as a substitute for the singleplayer ones as they are lower poly. If you want to submit them regardless, please put them in their own section ("Weapons (Multiplayer)" or something along those lines). Most of them are from Ratchet 2 anyway haha.

Good luck, and have fun!

EDIT: Latest versions of Replanetizer have some rad new QOL improvements! Normals no longer need to be fixed in most cases (some maps are the exception) so RaCNFix is no longer necessary (though I'll leave it here in case someone finds it useful), Singleplayer skins and weapons can be ripped (note: v2-4 upgrades, the Agents of Dread and the Splitter Rifle still can't be ripped for the same reasons as enemy armours).

Messages In This Thread
[TUTORIAL] Ratchet and Clank HD Trilogy - by Nooga - 04-29-2021, 10:38 PM