Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping models from Super Mario 3D World (Plus Bowser's Fury)
Submitted the long Question Block.

And these models have been added to Super Mario 3D World's page:
Bullet Bill
Bullet Bill
Boomerang Flower
Boomerang Flower
Spiny
Spiny
Magikoopa
Magikoopa
Lava Bubble
Lava Bubble
Bowser's Car
Bowser's Car
Toad House Interior
Toad House Interior
Galoomba
Galoomba
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Blurker
Blurker

(01-17-2022, 11:58 PM)Worldblender Wrote: Your ripping work here is doing well so far. I might like to help with ripping some of these models, but can you teach me (and maybe other people) how you do your model ripping here? Keep in mind that I use Ubuntu GNU/Linux as my daily operating system, so any Windows-only programs that can't run at all with a compatibility layer like Wine won't work.

Note that I'm not asking for model requests here, but just the procedure of how you do model ripping here, including the programs you use for this purpose. I will only focus on Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury on the Nintendo Switch, as I have no copy of the original WiiU game. I think I already get an idea of extracting the contents of the NSP files that all Nintendo Switch games ship in, but it's the different model formats that vary by game engine that often leaves me stuck doing this all by myself.

Are there any models in particular that should prioritize first? Will it be okay if I also rip some models that are in both of the games (preferring the Nintendo Switch port version)?

Hi there! Of course you can help rip models from Super Mario 3D World (it's not like I can stop you from doing so Tongue).

The way I rip models is by using a tool called Switch Toolbox. I'm not sure if it can run on Linux or not, so apologies if it can't work for you you.

But if it does work, here's my procedure on how I rip models from both games using Switch Toolbox:
  • First, I open the folder where I dumped the game's files in Switch Toolbox (it can open the SZS files, so you don't need another tool to extract them).
  • Next, I open one of the files by double clicking it (the Mario Wiki might come in handy since most of the file names, like most of the enemies' file names, are in Japanese).
  • After that, I locate and open the BFRES file, which contains the models and textures.
  • Then I locate the models, right click the models, select "Export", and save it to a certain folder (Switch Toolbox might not always export every texture, so you might need to manually export all the textures).

Hope this can help!
If you can't handle the heat.
You can't handle the Neutron Style.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripping models from Super Mario 3D World (Plus Bowser's Fury) - by DogToon64 - 01-20-2022, 12:15 PM