Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Requesting a discussion about submission policy
With all due respect, your experience at other websites isn’t entirely relevant here. I’m not sure how large or active the other sites you’re referring to are but we already get at least a handful, usually more, stolen submissions every week and that’s with the current rules in place. In many of those cases, the submitter has claimed to have had permission which we have confirmed to be false in almost all instances where it has come up. But you’re still ignoring another important factor here - time. Submissions already take a while to go through, especially models. If we have to add manual verification of claims like “I have permission to upload this from somewhere else” to the list of steps, nothing will ever get done. Look at tMR’s queue - there are over 4,000 pending models as it is. As soon as we say “sure, you can upload stuff for other people as long as you have permission”, the flood gates open and we now also have to wade through a bunch of stolen stuff if history is any indication.

I couldn’t tell you why we see so many stolen submissions but I can tell you that we see them constantly and that isn’t good for a variety of reasons I’ve already covered. It takes 2 minutes to create an account and submit something so in your case, there really isn’t much standing in the way of this happening besides, for some reason, the original ripper/creator not wanting to do it. I could understand that if the process were overly complex or time-consuming but it’s not so there’s no reason to open this can of worms for very little positive gain and a lot of headaches.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Requesting a discussion about submission policy - by Petie - 04-01-2021, 09:51 AM