Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Requesting a discussion about submission policy
(03-17-2021, 11:41 AM)Petie Wrote: The problem lies in the fact that it's very difficult to prove. There simply isn't a good way to do it and opening this up for the rare cases where it makes sense also opens the flood gates for exactly what we're trying to stop from this rule. I'd love to see everything uploaded here but not at the cost of that content being stolen from other sites, for instance.

If that's the case, how do you even prove the original ripper is the one who submitted the model? They could've taken it from some obscure unknown website, potentially every model on here could have uploaded a model under their name and it could be someone else's, and you, the original ripper, and everyone downloading it would never know.

As simple as clicking a download button. There was a model I just got recently that was ripped by someone else named Zeutyx, if I uploaded the model and no one called me out on it, I would've gotten away with it pretty much forever.

This could also happen when someone rips a model and in a rare case, a false ripper claims the model was theirs, who do you believe? Does the proof matter then?

Not trying to be rude btw, sorry if I'm coming off that way, just trying to make a point, haha. The rule won't change much, before I messaged the original ripper of that model to talk in my thread I was going to upload the model myself as at the time I didn't know about the rule, and if he didn't say anything I probably would've been fine as no one would suspect the model wasn't mine.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Requesting a discussion about submission policy - by jmanghan - 03-17-2021, 02:37 PM