Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Requesting a discussion about submission policy
I think it's rather odd that even with the express consent of the ripper, you aren't allowed to upload models ripped from a game, with or without proof. I don't think it makes much sense, personally. I've had models ripped that people just don't feel like uploading.

What are we to do when the original ripper gives us express permission to upload and makes it crystal clear they have absolutely no intention of ever uploading on their own? That kind of just takes away from the "resource" part of this site, it's a hub to find models from all different games for tons of different reasons. But they can't, because it was a commission, or request or the ripper just plain didn't feel like uploading it.

This isn't to be rude btw, it just makes little sense. I do think you should have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the model was ripped by the person you claim, and that you had their permission, maybe set up a whole request thing around that. There could be a whole 'nother form to fill out if it was by another person. I have a few models I wanna upload, but they aren't mine, but I'd also rather not have them sitting on my hard drive.

"Was this model provided by you (If found to be lying you'll receive a temporary or permanent ban) or someone else? If it was someone else, show proof you have their consent below and give credit."
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Requesting a discussion about submission policy - by jmanghan - 03-17-2021, 11:29 AM