Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon Rumble Rush - Bad UVs, need help/advice
(03-01-2021, 10:33 PM)AJD-262 Wrote: Nooga
The setting in the Image Mapping section are not updated/applied in the viewport unless you are in "Rendered" or fully Render it. Add a Hemi light above the model and hit Shit+Z. This should put the viewport into "Rendered" mode than you can try out the Image Mapping section options.

DogToon64
Looks like smoothing is being lost when you convert to dae. Are you using Blender to open the fbx than saving as .dae or converting the fbx with something like Noesis to a .dae? Tools do like to remove smoothing from models.

You absolute legend, it worked! Gotta test on more models to see if there's a consistent problem going on with them or if the exports are just crappy, but thanks again!

EDIT: OK, so the majority of the models just need to have certain textures mirrored on the X axis using the Repeat option under image mapping. Some of them do have bad UVs that have to be fixed manually however. Farfetch'd was one of them. Seems like ones with bad UVs you gotta use the Extend option under image mapping after fixing them manually, Farfetch'd's eyebrows being such a culprit. Once I know more I think making a tutorial might be a good idea...

EDIT 2: Found consistency - you gotta open up the texture in UV/image editor, then move the UVs to the correct spots, because they're a bit offset for some reason (normally just a straigh X or Y shift), then use extend, or sometimes mirror x. Rad. Except for Farfetch'd's eyebrows, they seem to be a bit...special :/ I'm trying to redo the rip without editing the actual UVs like I did with Farfetch'd last time for a more accurate result, but it seems I'm missing something here, almost like I need mirror x and extend at the same time, but you can't seem to do that in Blender. Works great for most other broken textures though. Pic below is using extend, using mirror x it looks almost perfect sans a brown smudge up top that shouldn't be there. I'm super confused though, the My Pokemon Ranch models have definitely had their UVs edited having a look at them, and not always super accurate either. Don't really know what to do, but surely there's a way to get this right without resorting to inaccuracy.

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon Rumble Rush - Bad UVs, need help/advice - by Nooga - 03-01-2021, 11:34 PM