Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon Rumble Rush - Bad UVs, need help/advice
(03-01-2021, 09:10 AM)DogToon64 Wrote: Hi there! I've been having similar problems with the modelsĀ as well.

My first problem is that some of the textures are placed incorrect on some models:

Is there a setting that will make the textures align correctly?

My second problem is that when I convert the .fbx model to a .dae model, it looks like this:

Is there a setting that I'm not aware of that makes the .dae model "low-poly"? Or is this normal for Blender?

(BTW, I'm using Blender 2.9.)

For your first issue, it's probably a texture mirroring/tiling thing. Looking at stuff I've exported that's usually what it is. No idea how to fix it though - in theory texture->image mapping->repeat x 2, y 2, and check the boxes for mirror should fix it, but when I use it, nothing happens. That's mostly why I made this thread.

Second problem, it's probably being flat shaded - dae conversion changes the shaders for some reason, which can give the illusion of a different polycount. Check the wireframe (press z) just in case. Conversion shouldn't change polycount.
Thanked by: DogToon64

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon Rumble Rush - Bad UVs, need help/advice - by Nooga - 03-01-2021, 05:19 PM