Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
General metadata and filename extraction
(02-08-2021, 11:18 PM)Quasi-Detective Wrote: Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look at that program.

As for the CPK extraction, though you've already taken the time to sort the files yourself, have you tried running the CPK through YACpkTool? That's the program I use to extract CPK files. Of course, it is possible that maybe the CPK for this game does just contain extentionless files, but there might be a chance that you can still have the rest of the job done for you if it works.  Smile

I haven't tried YACpkTool. I'll give it a look. If names still don't come up then that's fine, since I've renamed most of the files by now and am about ready to submit them.

That is a good rule of thumb tho: sometimes the names aren't in the files themselves, but actually in the archives they belong to. For example, I recall that Metroid Prime 3 stores its filenames and metadata in files completely separate from the sounds, and that they need to be combined and/or cross-referenced. I believe there's Metroid Prime Level Editor that can automatically dump the sounds with the proper filenames attached, which is nice for them. Other games may not be so lucky.
Here are links to my stuff:
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: General metadata and filename extraction - by Unknowni123 - 02-09-2021, 02:34 PM