Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need help ripping out music and sounds from an android game
(01-01-2021, 10:56 PM)This is SG Wrote: I'm trying to rip sounds and music tracks from the Android game, スタースマッシュ (Star Smash). I followed all the steps. Converted .acb and .awb files to hca. files using VGMToolbox, then used FastHCADecoder to convert them to .wav files. But playing them gives garbled noise instead. I don't know what else to do to fix this. Is there something wrong with my process?

EDIT: BTW I also used foobar2000 with the vgmstream plugin for the .hca files, but it plays no sound from it.

I tried the same process with one of the sets of ACB/AWB files you linked. Extracted the ACB + AWB through VGMToolbox, loaded the first HCA up into foobar, and... nothing. Only eerie silence...
Just today I did the exact same process on ACB/AWB files from another game and got HCA files that did play in foobar, so I know at least that it is just these files.

I looked at the HCA files in a hex editor (take the following with a grain of salt, as I'm pretty clueless when it comes to hex), and they look to be in the same format as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure what's going wrong here. foobar is even able to tell me how long the HCA files should be, but just isn't properly playing back the audio data. Though, one of the files I tried did, for a split second, play a fraction of a second of garbled audio.

This makes me think that maybe, somehow, this game has some odd encryption method, possibly? (Again, take this with a grain of salt, as I don't know if this is even possible with ACB/AWB/HCA files.) Whatever the case, it appears that the actual audio data in the HCA files might not be formatted in a way that foobar's vgmstream component nor the other scripts you've tried can read it (?).
Maybe it has something to do with it being an Android game--maybe the format is slightly different? I'm just guessing here, honestly.

Wish I could offer more help, but hopefully just knowing that you're not the only one with this issue with these files is a good start.  Smile
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help ripping out music and sounds from an android game - by Quasi-Detective - 01-07-2021, 11:59 PM