Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
N64 Nemu plugin modeling help?
3D Modelling 
I have recently been interested in ripping models from various N64 and Gamecube games. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of discussion about N64 models right now, so I don't really have much of a basis to go off of. While I have some familiarity with Blender, I have never ripped models successfully before, much less posted anything on Models Resource. Of particular interest to me right now is Wave Race 64, one of my favorite N64 games which has no models available online, and I quickly found out that this was probably because the Nemu plugin mangles the models.

[Image: Epzv_FYW4AAyZLF?format=png&name=900x900]

Obviously I clean up the duplicate vertices and reset the normals for everything before I start. I use N64Mapper to take out the materials, too. Regardless, everything is missing triangles in a sort of flag-shaped pattern, and attempting to fill in these triangles (using both manual filling and the "Fill Holes" option under Clean Up) usually causes the material/texture to ignore the new face, leaving a bunch of blank white triangles mixed in. I can't figure out how to get them to behave properly.

I've also tried leaving the mtl file as-is rather than removing all the materials and re-adding them manually, and the result is the same. 

[Image: EpzwdHIWwAEHroU?format=png&name=small]

I really love the aesthetic of this game, and want to see its landscapes available online. (I also want to use the maps for VRChat, but that's a different story...) Is there any way to remedy this triangle problem? Lemmy's plugin seems like the only available N64 plugin with model ripping capabilities, and other "screen capture" programs don't seem to work very well with Project64 or other emulators - or simply don't work at all on Windows 10. If you have any advice, thank you in advance.  Smile
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
N64 Nemu plugin modeling help? - by Catstorm - 12-21-2020, 09:59 PM
RE: N64 Nemu plugin modeling help? - by AJD-262 - 12-21-2020, 10:24 PM
RE: N64 Nemu plugin modeling help? - by Catstorm - 12-26-2020, 04:18 PM
RE: N64 Nemu plugin modeling help? - by AJD-262 - 12-26-2020, 05:00 PM
RE: N64 Nemu plugin modeling help? - by Fengo - 12-28-2020, 03:20 PM
RE: N64 Nemu plugin modeling help? - by Rayved - 08-31-2021, 11:37 AM