Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[TUTORIAL] Halo Master Chief Collection model extracting (Halo MCC not required!)
(01-16-2021, 04:35 AM)Keltoi Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 03:21 AM)Elmoz Wrote: Hi, it says I dont have permission to do anything with the .map file? its the windows 10 version, I tried altering the permissions but I cant for the .map files.
And are the model files inside the map files? you never specified where to find the model files?

Hey thanks for reaching out for help! If it's saying you don't have permission to access the .map files am I wrong to assume you might be trying to use the game pass version of the MCC?
To answer your other question the .map files contain every single asset needed by that certain level including sounds, models, textures, etc. Once you get the .map file loaded up properly the models will be located in the gbxmodels folder if it's Halo CE, and render_model folder if it's any other Halo game. I outlined this information in the Models section of the tutorial.

If you are using the game pass version of the MCC I recommend you don't try to use those .map files actually. For some reason those .map files don't work very well anyways and I think it is due to how 343 did the porting of the games to PC. In the tutorial I included a link to every .map file for every Halo game so you can just grab them from there instead and they will work great! Just make sure you include the mandatory files I outlined on the tutorial above or else the .map files will have glitched textures and be broken.

I hope this helps you! If you still have trouble then reach out to me on here again or on discord at Plastered_Crab#1070

Hi yes I was using the MCC version haha.

Ah okay I thought as much that everything is contained in the .map file. 

Now that I used your .map file archive I got it to work, thank you very much.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TUTORIAL] Halo Master Chief Collection model extracting (Halo MCC not required!) - by Elmoz - 01-20-2021, 07:06 AM