Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Burnout 3 uv mapping willing to pay
(04-23-2021, 12:32 PM)Joshex Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 03:35 PM)kotori ii Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 05:57 PM)Joshex Wrote: Ah, ok so we're getting somewhere. so this isn't so much about model extraction or acquisition, this is about Game Modding.

ok well. this could happen for a few reasons. most likely:

1: carefully designed scene budgets (your added vertexes are putting it over the maximum allowed memory for real-time graphics). (in this case I doubt it but meh, we'll leave it on the list.)

2: Shape Keys, Armatures, Lattices or form grabbing physics code, or region based division code; if the game not only uses the model file but that model file's contents have to match something else (most likely a rig for movement) that would definitely crash the game when it finds the 2 lists don't match. it'd be throwing an exception "key not found in list" or "extra keys found after expected end".

sometimes this ends in messed up graphics, but other times (such as with certain game engines in my experience *cough*UE4*cough*) even slight alterations to the scale of the existing model's vertexes will cause an exception on import. I recently did a mod for Hatred. and lets just say, if you changed anything from the default models they provide, it would give you an exception. even though they claim to support modding and have an import/export feature.

so it's likely the game itself or the game engine just does not like modding. now sometimes you can still mod these games, but you'd have to mod them live (rather than trying to import things or mod them offline then boot up). to mod live you'd need to find the mesh in live memory with cheat engine and attempt to modify it and save that modification for quick application next time you run it.

I do mod them live though anyway the thing is if the file size doesnt change I can add as much vertex data without getting the game crash more vertices too but you know if file size doesnt change Im just curious about the mesh header because it has all the imporant data about the messed up graphics part I usually get that when swapping body parts inbetween cars but the thing is the mesh itself swaps perfectly tho some stuff like the mesh model sometimes doesnt appear I know whats causing it fixing it also possible but I dont know yet and prob never will also I ve never used cheat engine to mod models sounds absurd anyway the thing I wanna say is the most important one the mesh header Im pretty sure it has calculated vertice count or the vertex(?) so whenever u go above it crashes but with no errors whatsoever

(04-21-2021, 05:57 PM)Joshex Wrote: Ah, ok so we're getting somewhere. so this isn't so much about model extraction or acquisition, this is about Game Modding.

ok well. this could happen for a few reasons. most likely:

1: carefully designed scene budgets (your added vertexes are putting it over the maximum allowed memory for real-time graphics). (in this case I doubt it but meh, we'll leave it on the list.)

2: Shape Keys, Armatures, Lattices or form grabbing physics code, or region based division code; if the game not only uses the model file but that model file's contents have to match something else (most likely a rig for movement) that would definitely crash the game when it finds the 2 lists don't match. it'd be throwing an exception "key not found in list" or "extra keys found after expected end".

sometimes this ends in messed up graphics, but other times (such as with certain game engines in my experience *cough*UE4*cough*) even slight alterations to the scale of the existing model's vertexes will cause an exception on import. I recently did a mod for Hatred. and lets just say, if you changed anything from the default models they provide, it would give you an exception. even though they claim to support modding and have an import/export feature.

so it's likely the game itself or the game engine just does not like modding. now sometimes you can still mod these games, but you'd have to mod them live (rather than trying to import things or mod them offline then boot up). to mod live you'd need to find the mesh in live memory with cheat engine and attempt to modify it and save that modification for quick application next time you run it.

I mean there is a blender plugin that allows us to import cars tho we cant import custom meshes into the game

ok. so it's as I figured the game is looking for car meshes that it recognises. so a custom car mesh wont work. changing that live even breaks it, it might be in multiple areas, not just the mesh header, for example you'd have to modify the rest of the game code that references that mesh as well, rigs, physics bounds etc.

if you want the mesh header we can ascertain that from the conversion script I posted as it will no doubt have to basically reverse engineer it to get the mesh data.

I'll look through that and see if I can find a format or order to the mesh header. though as I said this probably wont be the only thing standing between you and this mod.

http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/BMS#GoTo I'll be reading up on this extraction script syntax to make heads or tails of this.
what do you exactly mean by saying looking for car meshes that it recognizes? it also weird why it breaks what program u use to mod it I assume its either cheat engine or hex tho mesh editing with ce sounds absurd also recently did this https://i.imgur.com/rkp2IRc.jpg and after I edited it https://imgur.com/p2c1nbG
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burnout 3 uv mapping willing to pay - by kotori ii - 04-23-2021, 01:52 PM