Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Burnout 3 uv mapping willing to pay
(04-16-2021, 06:08 AM)Joshex Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 10:49 AM)kotori ii Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 11:03 AM)Joshex Wrote: Hi there.

If you still need help, I could attempt to take a look at it. However I suspect the file may be binary and probably contain program specific memory. It seems other people have tried ripping/converting these as well to no avail.

If you supply a file that will tell me whether or not I have the ability to help at all.

UV mapping information for example might, maybe, in some slim hope of a chance be represented as plain text in the binary file. but that would only tell me how the textures are overlaid onto the model, it would not for example supply me with the images themselves, However, if the images are stored inside the file I could look for typical image headers and footers and attempt to split them with axe3 (providing they didn't create their own proprietary image format (like many pro studios do)).

But as for getting the model this way, if you for example were hoping for a model+UV layout+ textures; unless they were foolish enough to use another model format embedded in their format or unless they were foolish enough to make their format easily openable as a standard archive, then no it'd be pretty hard.

But yeah, you probably wont get any help without sharing a file.

well I already figured how to uv map but now Im working on editing models/swapping car parts etc but I still need to figure out about the mesh header is there any way where I can contact you on somewhere we can share our knowledge tho my main knowledge is about b3 bgv file structure

Glad to hear you got the UV maps sorted. This place is fine for contact, I rarely check emails or such. If you like there is private messaging here. File dropper works for file hosting. You can use another if it's really big.

So a mesh header, typically if you were to have the source, that would be a list. [[location X,Y,Z], [next point XYZ], [3rd point XYZ]], then indexing face1 [0,1,2] or edge [0,1] or [0,2] or [1,2] et cetera. very rarely do software packages support more than 4 vertexes per face (I think 3dstudios can do 5gons). And most studios use nearly all triangles when it comes to game ports because game engines typically need to have quickly renderable objects with simple trigonometry.

Again though, I'm flying blind here. I do not have such a file to look at.
well since is a ps2 game is only commands as you know but I still I ll tell you everything I know so each vehicle has 3 or 4 meshes and they are all composed of sub meshes 
the sub meshes are separated in blocks combined by array of three floats xyz respectively and contrary what I stated before they have face indices for each submesh or something like that also in the vertex data there are some 80s at the end of the each block Im guessing theyre used for creating vertices? not exactly sure tho uvs are located a little below but yeah also uploaded the file on dropbox if you are planning to use hex editor 0x58 is the pointer to the lod header which in this case 3D0A0 anyway the thing is I cant edit the models the way I want beucase of the mesh header which is getting in my way pretty sure it has calculated vertices for each mesh or something so uh I uploaded the file you can check it https://www.dropbox.com/s/2z5wk5go7qyo3l7/CAR1.BGV?dl=0
Thanked by: Joshex

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burnout 3 uv mapping willing to pay - by kotori ii - 04-18-2021, 12:37 PM