Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Extracting Models from PS1 game Azumanga Donjyara Daioh
(09-13-2020, 10:17 PM)SpicyTM Wrote: Hey! Quick update even though nobody probably cares enough about this, but I found a way to get ninjaripper working with epsxe, though I found another roadblock.

Ninjaripper doesnt like the playstation 1, like at all. Not only does it extract ALL data on the screen as individual meshes (resulting in about 3000 rip files) but it exports it all as kind of a flat screenshot of what appears on screen. Below is what it looked like in blender compared to about what I took a snapshot of.

and here is the result of another test a friend of mine did using her (much faster) computer

So its about safe to say that Ninjaripper probably isn't the best thing to use in this case, but it has yielded progress! To my delight it has extracted textures from the game, which I may clean up and make into texture sheets/sprite sheets and put them on the spriters and textures resource.

Though extracting the 3D models are still my #1 priority. I urge anyone who may know a program I can use or some kind of other method of extraction to please leave a reply. I'm getting close, really close, but I want to know a better way of model extraction that doesn't involve me piecing together polygons like a jigsaw puzzle.

Are you still working on this? Im actually attempting to rip the models myself but since im a beginner i have no clue what to do
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Extracting Models from PS1 game Azumanga Donjyara Daioh - by SalvarricHomer - 11-02-2020, 07:58 AM