Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Wario in the style of Super Mario Advance 1
Hey guys. So I started creating these edits of sprites from Wario's Woods to resemble the shading style from Super Mario Advance 1; I aim to recreate the entire moveset from that game applicable to Wario. I chose Wario because I found that his sprites in Wario's Woods seemed to be able to fit within the world created in Super Mario Bros. 2. Here is what I have so far:

[Image: Wario-WIP.png]

Keep in mind, these sprites have LARGELY been edited from previously ripped images. I am not trying to plagiarize anyone's work, so I will explain below which sprites I edited to create these.

Wario from Wario's Woods (NES); ripped by Dabren and Severe (my base sprites is LARGELY based off the bottom running animations)
Wario from Wario Land I; ripped by Perseus (Wario's front facing animation is currently a recoloring/shading of this. I aim to retool it further to greater fit the Super Mario Advance style)
Wario from Mario Golf GBC; ripped by TheWispGuy (used as a base for the head of the detailed "Choose a Player!" Wario sprites)
Mario from Super Mario Advance; ripped by DoKoCo (each frame will reflect these sprites)

---

I'm not attempting to recreate the wheel here; Just looking for some feedback and constructive criticism! I haven't made sprites in YEARS and just wanna dip my toes back in the water!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Wario in the style of Super Mario Advance 1 - by Solid SOAP - 08-12-2020, 11:25 PM