Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
About posting ripped models
(05-30-2020, 10:40 AM)Plamz Doom Wrote: Zip contents should comprise of PNG textures and the model formats as far as i'm aware can either be .dae or .obj (With obj be sure to include a .mtl file. a mtl file contains the texture data so that people loading the model into oh let's say blender can see the applied textures). AS for formatting so far withe the models i've been ripping (from System Shock 2 and the Thief games) you either leave the models in their default ripped pose or pose t a Y or T pose (So far all the models i ripped from the Dark engine are default to a T pose which is helpful, Not sure for you but a i don't think having a Y or T pose is necessary but i think they would greatly prefer it). i put them into Blender and take screenshots of them both in 148x125 for small icon and 750x650 for big icon. I also render them in the viewport rather than the final render becuase you want your models in fullbright so we can get a clear view of them and not be obscured by shadows, Also be sure to deactivate the UI and make sure to render them with a transparent background. This is just from what i learned studying other people's submissions as i was trying to get the same help as you but got nothing, So if anyone like a Mod or someone well versed in formatting thumbnails here can leave a proper style guide for us that would be cool.
Thanks, that was very helpful!

I am using blender 2.8, how might I export a render from the viewport? I can only seem to export the render with all the lighting and stuff.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
About posting ripped models - by BrittanyOfKoppai - 05-26-2020, 12:28 PM
RE: About posting ripped models - by Plamz Doom - 05-30-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: About posting ripped models - by BrittanyOfKoppai - 06-03-2020, 03:45 PM
RE: About posting ripped models - by Plamz Doom - 06-05-2020, 06:58 PM
RE: About posting ripped models - by Koopa512 - 07-28-2021, 04:08 AM