Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Some spritesheets
(03-09-2020, 04:32 PM)WhiteFelineWonder Wrote: "the tilted head"
Yeah, I used paint.net alongside Piskel for that. (Piskel's my main software for spriting. I have looked into Aesperite, but I'm trying to save some bucks. .3.)

I would recommend, if doing this, to then go back over the sprite in order to smooth lines, as rotation can be heavily unrealiable.

"blue on purple isn't the best look."
As in Sonic's blue doesn't fit? Or does it have to do with the sheet background and character?

The background of the spritesheet itself, when you look at the emotes at the bottom, the blue tends to blend and, whilst it is a different colour, it can still be hard to tell at first glance. The key thing in spriting is readability! Smile

"to far forward"
Well, not exactly facing forward. If it was to be looked at on a 3D plane, his eyes would be looking a little bit to the right instead of just forward.

That is the issue, the characters are in a 3D plane, but if you look at his eyes, they are directly in the middle with no leaning to either side, this makes him look directly out of the screen. This is handled better in your sonic sprite where, the right(ours) eye is one pixel thinner, making the eyes feel slightly more aligned with sonics view while keeping the classic "vaguely looking at the player look". Fang's eyes unfortunately are symmetrical which looks very strange. This can be fixed easily by moving the center one pixel over to the right Smile

"possibly pillow shaded?"
had to do a quick google search for that :U
I guess...? I don't really know. I just sprite things the way i see it. .3. (I had to use a red skull for comparison)

Dont worry, we all pillow shade at some point, having zoomed in i can see its jsut the white areas on fang effected, just, dont worry about outlining the eyes, they are white so they will stick out as seperate no matter what, use your darker shade for the darker areas of the furs and eyes instead :

Speaking of that actually, I've been doing a quick edit/comparison to one of my Sonic sprites. And as I'm doing them, yeah it does look like there's an indirect light source. I try my best. *shrugs* .3.

The new sonic looks good, i would say bring his new, away facing ear over to our left slightly, as it is behind the head so it would be connected at a slightly different angle.

(I don't really know if posts like these will directly reply to another person...)

To reply to another person, use the reply button under their post and it will quote them in a new comment ;D

Trying your best is literally all anyone can ever ask. And its the best way to improve Smile
Thanked by: WhiteFelineWonder

Messages In This Thread
Some spritesheets - by WhiteFelineWonder - 03-09-2020, 03:09 PM
RE: Some spritesheets - by JewyB - 03-09-2020, 03:55 PM
RE: Some spritesheets - by WhiteFelineWonder - 03-09-2020, 04:32 PM
RE: Some spritesheets - by JewyB - 03-09-2020, 04:42 PM
RE: Some spritesheets - by WhiteFelineWonder - 03-09-2020, 05:43 PM
RE: Some spritesheets - by JewyB - 03-10-2020, 08:35 AM