Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
deleted
JewyB really hit the nail on the head here. I'm not ignorant of anything you're saying. I've seen it a thousand times before and I'll see it a thousand more I'm sure. The issue is that you are not actually taking the time to understand my response. If it was as simple as saying "Hey community, we need help - who's up for reviewing models?", we'd have a 50 person model staff and the queue would struggle to get above 1. But, as I'm sure has been sufficiently implied at this point, it's not that simple.

When we look for new staff members, we have certain criteria potential candidates need to meet to be what we feel is qualified enough to take on the role. This applies to all sites but it is especially critical for models as the levels of technical ability and attention to detail required are far greater than any other site. So yes, we're sure there are a ton of people who would be willing to help out and many who would in fact enjoy the opportunity but there's a reason our staff team isn't growing and it's not some sort of crazy elitist pride.

I'm honestly not sure where that assumption stems from nor do I understand how you can be so sure we're not trying to find suitable additional staff when you can't possibly see everything that goes on behind the scenes. The staff discusses a lot that simply isn't made public and potential new staff members are definitely included in that category. I'd also like to point out that we have never ignored a single thread made in this vein because it's important that people, especially those like you who have misguided assumptions, understand what is really going on and to prevent the further spread of exclusivity that people seem to think we revolve our staff choices on.

So, just to make this super crystal clear, let me fill you in on a bit of our thought process. Who do you think would make the best candidates for model staff? If you answered model submitters, you'd be right but that's not all there is to it. I, personally, regularly consult with our model staff to determine if any regular submitters have been consistently submitting outstanding rips and the answer is almost always, unfortunately, no. Submitting a ton of models doesn't make you qualified to review them and we really only consider those who show a track record of model submissions with next to zero mistakes because that attention to detail in submissions is exactly what is required for approving them.

I'm pretty sure all of this was covered in the other thread I linked but hopefully this helps shed some light on why things are the way they are.
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
deleted - by Xinus23 - 03-09-2020, 09:00 AM
RE: TMR is in serious need of more approval staff - by Petie - 03-09-2020, 10:24 PM