Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Binxelview tool for locating image data in files
(02-25-2020, 05:52 AM)Deathbringer Wrote: Is there a way to use a palette inside the file you are viewing?

You can load a palette from an image containing a palette, or a file of RGB 8-bit triples, by clicking the "Load" button in the palette section. Images up to 8bpp will be saved as images with palette, as well, so if you save the image from binxelview you can still apply a palette later in your preferred image editor.

However, if you're asking if you can automatically grab a palette out of data inside the file you're looking at, no I didn't build a mechanism for that. Palette formats vary a lot, and every platform has its own way for it. I'd kinda need about as much UI to describe arbitrary palette formats as I have for the image itself.

You can use this tool to find palette data in some cases, like if you know their format you can see the colours visually, but in general you'll need to find and extract those separately. Once converted to RGB 888 you can use it with this tool, though.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Binxelview tool for locating image data in files - by rainwarrior - 02-25-2020, 11:50 PM