Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Can I Self-Translate a PS2 Game?
(11-05-2019, 03:30 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: Unfortunately NETGUI in itself likely has nothing to do with the game itself and can be treated as compiler residue at best. You can find the same file(s) in multiple PS2 games and a worst-case-scenario is that you have a bad dump. Did you rip the disc yourself or get an ISO from somewhere?

However, regarding your core question: yes! You can translate the game. In fact, you can translate any game (PS2 or not!) - all you need to do is unpack the files, edit them, and re-pack them. Tools exist for file extraction/insertion and the process is somewhat straightforward in most cases.

Can you post the full disc file/folder structure/tree? I would like to see all of the files/filenames/folders/whatever
Thank you so much for replying! Can you possibly point me in the direction of such unpacking tools? I've had no luck at all while trying to find tools on my own. Also, I got the ISO from another friend of mine. The dump seems to be completely playable, so I assume it isn't a bad dump.

And since I don't know if it's like illegal or anything, I was very hesitant to attach the disc folder and stuff but I'll gladly private message you it!

Again, thank you so much for replying!!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Can I Self-Translate a PS2 Game? - by Suukisan - 11-02-2019, 03:57 PM
RE: Can I Self-Translate a PS2 Game? - by Suukisan - 11-09-2019, 10:08 PM