Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Randy & Manilla (Help for developing)
Information 
Hi, Ofihombre is back. Lately I have come up with several ideas to create an indie super production of a videogame to which I will explain below:

[Image: ddh6qv8-817e16fb-5111-4a79-8f2b-894a76d7...l1GFBgmQNY]

Randy & Manilla is a game project that for years I wanted to do it with the company of people dedicated to the indie sector of video games and art, and I would like have a great support so that it can become a reality to be able to develop this indie project that has occurred to me in the best way possible.

I will show you some examples that the game will have:

Game sipnosis:
On the year 2142, In the mysterious interior of the quantum supercomputer created by Lambert Wilson, there is a cyber-universe surrounded by a brightly colored cubes called "Net-Cubes" that inside have a fantastic virtual worlds of pixelated structures, abstract and even in various ways. It is free from threats like hackers, cyber-spies and corporate and government organizations. But that doesn't mean that they have their own threats, such as the villain of the red Net-Cube, "Cracksom Virus" a dominant virus that puts all Net-Cubes in danger of being permanently eliminated in their favor and expanding their empire of computing corruption.

Then a message algorithm called "E-Mailer" arrives at the world of "Bloxland Qubitown", the home of Randy and Manilla, giving them an urgent notice that the entire cyber-universe is in a big danger of being destroyed by Cracksom, urging and begging to be their heroes, and they accepted the mission and they will embark on a great adventure about the different Net-Cubes, but E-Mailer will also accompany and open them portals to access the new worlds.

The Main Characters:
[Image: d34bc35a0e77951eb1053546661f42cd_origina...a8d21b6090]
Randy Qubit Pix-It: Bold, somewhat brave and motivated. Their power ups are of fireballs and strength, which can remove obstacles and many enemies.

[Image: 2f12b0ef4c760a54947e6dc8fdd1f2d7_origina...64b6c33ba1]
Manilla Von-It: The younger sister, cheerful, optimistic. Her power ups are speed, which can run, give quick attacks and mini-teleports that pass through glass walls and fences. In a few phases it will run similar to Sonic.

[Image: 16c1cdb8901886152465078c805e2883_origina...5daf594ad1]
E-Mailer: The Messenger Algorithm that sends emails through all Net-cubes of the supercomputer. When he warns of a virus danger (such as Cracksom), he goes to alert Randy, Manilla or any other hero to motivate them to save Net-cubes from the impending disaster.

The World Map Concept:
[Image: eb1d39570b9b402e69db4fa5f533b0e9_origina...70eb91eafe]
Each selectable Net-Cube of the game, represents and refers to a certain videogame genres (RPG, Platform, Arcade, Shooter, etc.), with distinctive colors compared to most (behind will be shown a screenshot of a very early prototype version of what it consists of).

[Image: 7b6bd282961025426d616bd7c59eb304_origina...119bae25d4]
The two cubes in blue a little less clear, will possibly be the selectable worlds.

[Image: 5dcf807051b0e5740e06a8c948011908_origina...db494a774d]
Upon entering inside of the Net-Cubes, they are also the entry to discover the worlds of its interior to that these game genres represent. Such for example Terra-Qubit, where the levels are of the platforms genre accompanied by a retro and pixelated mosaic aesthetic.

Gameplay Example:

To better understand about its important role that represent the Net-Cubes for the game itself, I have made a short video about a prototype demo of the project.

In this you can make a free travel on the cyber-universe surrounded by Net-Cubes of various colors driving with a ship (a simple cube), when entering on the brown Net-Cube, the screen menu with the title of the world (Terra-Qubit) is activated as if it were another videogame inside it, going through an interactive stage of the map of the levels based on the gender of the platforms, in the first level (of the blue tile) the camera follows the character with a perspective similar to Super Mario 3D Land / 3D World, making reference to the 3D linear platforms. And the basic object for a platform game that helps follow the player, They are bright yellow cubes called "Net-Points" that when you pick them up, he get points that fill the score, and there is also a Power-Up that is activated at the right time to defeat enemies and reach the goal.

My inspiration about the Project:
This indie game project, being partly multi-genre, it could host many classic game references, also the dark and post-apocalyptic origin on a supercomputer with Net-Cubes that stores memories of humanity before its extinction, may have some touch of Ready Player One, but taken to an even farther future, and several virtual environments would also have the simple and funny style of Wreck-It Ralph (specially by the main characters, and the game title its obvioulsy a reference).

As you have seen, it may seem like a video game idea that sounds curious or even interesting, but nevertheless this project can't be complete and well developed with the current means that I have. My great lack of resources to develop it full time made me force to create a campaign on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ran...job-search
Although it was approved for being the best edited possible and through the updates, I'm not getting the necessary support to achieve my goal (What did I do wrong? what I know is that I haven't made a good impression and I don't have a campaign video yet).

If it fails I have other plans, But the most important thing is that I need several things for a better look for my indie videogame project:
- Great Artworks based on the Characters & Worlds (faithful to those I have taught)
- Great 3D models based on the characters and with animations included (faithful to those I have taught)
- Scripts and programming codes suitable for each world that represents a videogame genre
- Animated Shortfilms for Cutscenes
- 2D Art & Pixelart
- Original Soundtrack that fits well to the game
- Voice dub for the characters

If you are interested in supporting me and need a better reference, you can go to my Patreon account: https://www.patreon.com/ofihombre

Anyway, it's clearly a very complicated game that I will take years to develop. I don't know how I'm going to manage this only, if I'm not even excellent in any field.
Thanked by: iyenal

Messages In This Thread
Randy & Manilla (Help for developing) - by ofihombre7 - 10-07-2019, 08:43 AM