Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
AlphaDream Filing for Bankruptcy
Apparently Nintendo now owns the rights to the series. Hopefully they hire the ex-AD employees and nothing changes other than the series being fully under Nintendo's wing, maybe we can even see characters like Fawful show up in the other spinoffs like Mario Kart, as I feel it always should've been.

What's especially sickening though is some Paper Mario fans have been celebrating this news, thinking if M&L dies Paper Mario can come back. Now don't get me wrong I LOVE Paper Mario, have pushed notably hard for it to go back to the glory of the first 3 games and can't stand where that series is now. But to think this will have any effect on that, or to even hope it does, is frankly delusional and insensitive. The only basis that idea even has is the GameXplain interview with Risa Tabata where she was asked about returning to the RPG roots. But she had very little experience with Paper Mario and was really not the right person to answer those questions. She also promised a TTYD remake with enough demand but I sure don't see that, despite the demand very much being met. Point is, it's stupid to take what she said as word of god, as she was put on the spot. Paper Mario's situation has nothing to do with M&L, and killing off M&L won't magically bring back Paper Mario. And even if it did, it's insensitive to celebrate that.

I only hope 2 things in light of this: the AlphaDream team gets hired by Nintendo to continue working on the series, and Nintendo takes advantage of having the M&L characters as first party Mario characters.
[Image: OOovP5l.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
AlphaDream Filing for Bankruptcy - by Kramlack - 10-02-2019, 12:39 PM
RE: AlphaDream Filing for Bankruptcy - by Fawfulthegreat64 - 10-05-2019, 02:11 AM