Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hacks aren't accepted anymore?
So recently I decided to rip sprites from the ROM hack Knuckles' Emerald Hunt, and after a while, I received a PM for this reason:

Mighty Jetters Wrote:You're receiving this PM because I'm afraid we have rejected your sheet of "Sandwiches" for "Knuckles' Emerald Hunt (Hack)" under the console "Genesis / 32X / SCD".

Your sheet was not accepted for the following reason:
  • Sorry, we don't accept hacks anymore.

So after thinking about this for a while, one question came to my mind, why? I can see that ROM hacks can be used to disguise sprite theft as there were many sheets (which I'm assuming) were submitted without the original creators consent, as well as getting things like OCs and bad quality sprites through, but at the same time, there are hacks that are ripped where their original creator simply couldn't be contacted (usually due to a lack of any social media or death) but in my opinion, as long as it doesn't go against the wishes of the original creator, ROM hacks should be on here for archival purposes.

This also makes me wonder if fangames or bootlegs are affected as well, my previous statement also goes to fangames as they can also be used to disguise theft and bad quality sprites, but for bootlegs, most of their sprites are of unknown origin, and quality varies from time to time, so in that case, only allow the good ones?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Hacks aren't accepted anymore? - by You Gotta be Joshing me - 09-22-2019, 08:37 AM
RE: Hacks aren't accepted anymore? - by Dolphman - 09-22-2019, 04:50 PM
RE: Hacks aren't accepted anymore? - by Ton - 09-27-2019, 11:38 AM
RE: Hacks aren't accepted anymore? - by Ton - 09-28-2019, 09:23 AM
RE: Hacks aren't accepted anymore? - by Garamonde - 10-01-2019, 11:19 AM