Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Requesting help ripping .jmdl files (Wii Fit U)
Hey there!

I wanted to mess around with a couple models from Wii Fit U, and to my surprise there were no models posted on Models Resource so I thought well maybe I can rip them myself. And, needless to say, I think I might be a little bit in over my head. However, I would really love to try to get these into a workable format, so that's why I'm here.

Browsing the files, there are a handful of different formats, but the most relevant format I assume is .jmdl. I looked around quite a bit and it seems like there might be a few games that use (at least a similarly named) .jdml as well, with some people having success converting them, but not a lot of information on how to do it.

Other file formats that are seemingly important are .jarc and .carc files. Presumably these are containers for more files, but the most I could do was use a QuickBMS script on a .jarc file, which spit out a single .jmdl before crashing.

Beyond that there are also .jtex files. ThereĀ aren't many of them, so I presume that textures for modelsĀ are baked into the .jmdl format. But even trying to use them in a couple different versions of jTexTool I found on these forums yielded no results whatsoever.

Here are some example files using the formats I mentioned, I can upload more if requested.
.jmdl - coin.jmdl
.jarc - LoadingDemo_00.jarc
.carc - pet_test.carc
.jtex - checker128x128.jtex

But yeah, I feel like I've bitten off a little more than I can chew, but would love it if someone could point me in the right direction of getting these models into a usable format. Thanks! Heart
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Requesting help ripping .jmdl files (Wii Fit U) - by Toxijuice - 09-17-2019, 12:46 PM