Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
"Unofficial" Games?
Hey everyone! I'm not sure how much visibility this is going to get since the forums aren't quite what they used to be but it's still worth approaching this from as many angles as possible. There has been ongoing discussion amongst the staff regarding whether or not "unofficial" games should have a place on the site. This has turned out to be a much more complex topic than we realized as we acknowledge that there are always exceptions to every rule but we're trying to come up with a set of general guidelines to apply before opinion comes into play. For reference, what I'm referring to by "unofficial" at the moment contains fan games, ROM hacks, and bootlegs but I'm happy to expand this definition if anyone can think of anything I missed there.

So, with all of that said, how do you feel about "unofficial" games and their place on the site? I'll leave my personal opinions out of this for the time being but I'd love to hear the community's thoughts on the matter. Also, remember that we will always take the time to review notable exceptions regardless of what policies or guidelines may come from this discussion.

As one quick aside before posting this though, I do want feedback on one specific idea I had. Right now, "unofficial" titles are thrown into their respective consoles. What are your thoughts about breaking them out into their own category? I figure this would help keep the actual consoles clean and organized as well as let those of you that don't care for things like ROM hacks to ignore them completely but I'm open to suggestions here as well.

Messages In This Thread
"Unofficial" Games? - by Petie - 08-13-2019, 12:16 PM
RE: "Unofficial" Games? - by Ton - 08-13-2019, 12:45 PM
RE: "Unofficial" Games? - by shadowman44 - 08-13-2019, 04:16 PM
RE: "Unofficial" Games? - by Simpsons Dumper - 08-13-2019, 04:58 PM
RE: "Unofficial" Games? - by Pingus! - 08-13-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: "Unofficial" Games? - by Videogamemasterx - 09-04-2019, 10:10 PM