Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sonic custom model - would like feedback
So in my opinion, my original model was utter crap and it was pretty unanimous that I should update it.

Finally getting around to it over a year later, here's work in progress on a new model I started a few weeks ago. My focus on modeling this time around was making everything as quad-friendly as I could. The modeling for the head, body, shoes, and all textures and materials were made from scratch. Socks and gloves were just moved from the generations model and edited to be 100% quad friendly. They'll probably be replaced by my own modeling in the end though. Body and skin materials are still untextured.

(Imgur album)
[Image: IvCcWys.png][Image: bX2xwVP.png][Image: sMJxAQx.jpg][Image: eXXPU13.png][Image: dJePVFE.png][Image: y3pjWRW.png][Image: 0C0jR9Q.png][Image: ARTMJWM.jpg]

So for now, I'm looking mainly for feedback on the modeling aspect, but anything else can be said. Be as nice or brutal as you want, but any feedback or suggestions that'd help in the end will be most appreciated. 

Some questions if you don't know what to look for:
In general, does it look weird, and do you have any idea what exactly seems weird? 
Is his face too short, long, narrow, wide, etc? 
Would you prefer a side or a center mouth? 
Are the shoes and hands a good size? 
Is his body too lanky? 
Do you like or hate the seams on the gloves and socks?
Are his arms and legs too short/long? 
Are the colors a good choice? 

Fire away!
Thanked by: Retro64

Messages In This Thread
Sonic custom model - would like feedback - by AdelQ - 04-27-2019, 05:00 PM