Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Wonder Boy (Arcade) custom sprites
Hello guys.
I'm going to show off my custom sprites of familiar yet overlooked game at the same time. Wonder Boy.
Having a NES clone as a kid & I like Adventure Island 1 despite never finished it. A months ago while I searching other Sega's classic franchises as I sick of them relying on Sonic, I found this gem & suprises me that this was the game I growing up in its original state. I begin to look every single Wonder Boy games & finally obsessed with its universe, history, characters, & gameplay. Glad this franchise is getting modern spotlight recently.

Alright, enough with history. Upon seeing Tina became playable in Wonder Boy Returns, I'm wonder (no pun intended) how Boy & Tina get swapped the role in original game & apparences. So I learn the original's artstyle, color pallate, HUD, & pose sprites foremost, then comparing the Returns' pose sprites & begin to initiating what's best to alter to fit within original style.
So here's a result. 

[Image: tina2.png]

As a bonus, I'm added & changing several collectible items that original game lacks or suited within the context. Sorry for the sprite layouts being not tidy enough.
That's wraps up all. maybe I'm going to made Tina's sister, Pina (the girl that takes you to Bonus Stage in Master System version) what look like if she become playable & being kidnapped next time. Thanks to Yawackhary for ripping the sprites.
Anyway, Have fun.
Thanked by: shadowman44

Messages In This Thread
Wonder Boy (Arcade) custom sprites - by ArifkunVIID - 03-16-2019, 09:47 AM