Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping from Magical Starsign [NDS]
Hi, forum newbie here looking for some assistance.
I've been trying to rip from Magical Starsign for few hours and not much seems to come from it. I've tried all the NDS ripping tools but the results seem to be the same.
Everything is locked under a .dat file!
Here's what it looks like when I try to open it with Tinke:
[Image: 5mzUSVL.png]
As you can see, everything is a .dat and I'm not sure how to open them. Pretty much everything I've used produces the same results. I'm stumped, can anyone help?
I'm pretty sure the hiraishi folder is the correct one I'm looking for, since it has a file named iconFace.dat - there's also more to this folder too. The other folders (aikyo, sound, wata, and ftc) all have .dat files or game code:
[Image: Pj7R7m4.png]
Tinke only recognizes 2% of the files so I think this game must be uber encrypted or something. Can anyone possibly help me crack it? This game has a lot of content in it and it's roughly about 20 hours to complete (not to mention a lot of content is restricted to their local multiplayer) so hard ripping may not be the best option here.
I can get pallettes out of it just fine if I press P but I don't think they're proper pallettes. Plus when I press T or M it's just a garbled static image that doesn't seem to resemble anything in the game color wise or sprite wise.
Please help! I really want to help spread the assets of this forgotten game.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Ripping from Magical Starsign [NDS] - by Lumialle - 03-12-2019, 03:41 AM