Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I need some advice.
Hello everyone, I have been away for a while but I came back because I need some advice.

For a few years now, in my own time and privately, I have been trying to make a simple game. Nothing complex but still somewhat substantial. But time and time again, for one reason or another, I was unable to do so. (Mostly for programming reasons.) I concluded it was simply something I could not do on my own. I eventually came into contact with someone who shared my aspirations and we decided to collaborate together. However, it has been a long fruitless struggle due to poor decision making, bad planning, and creative differences. He and I constantly butt heads in almost every aspect of development. From planning, to ideas, to even what engine we should be using. Our design philosophy is very different and I sometimes feel like his priorities are completely backwards. The game we're currently are trying to make is something I was incredibly reluctant to do, as I felt it was something that wouldn't be enjoyable for an audience or something I would want to be a part of. I don't feel like I am any closer to getting to my goals, and if I continue to work with him, I'm not sure if I ever will.

It's gotten to the point where I have, many times, wanted to end our partnership. But I am worried that I won't ever be able to find someone else to collaborate with. In a way I feel trapped. I don't know what to do or where to go from here. So I need some serious advice. Should I continue to collaborate with this person? If so, is there way to keep our development in the right direction? If I should end my partnership, what should I do? What steps should I take to making a game?

Thank you

Paul "Koopaul" Fritz

Thanked by: Raccoon Sam

Messages In This Thread
I need some advice. - by Koopaul - 02-06-2019, 11:15 PM
RE: I need some advice. - by Raccoon Sam - 02-07-2019, 01:39 AM
RE: I need some advice. - by iyenal - 02-07-2019, 03:03 PM
RE: I need some advice. - by Koopaul - 02-07-2019, 06:06 PM
RE: I need some advice. - by iyenal - 02-08-2019, 12:04 PM
RE: I need some advice. - by Koopaul - 02-09-2019, 05:07 AM
RE: I need some advice. - by Koopaul - 02-10-2019, 01:47 AM