Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Want your request fulfilled? READ THIS
Hey it's me your friendly mod Kosheh with a BONUS POST with a HELPFUL TIP: a KILLER one that'll REALLY get those requests fulfilled.

I keep seeing requests like this

Quote:Can someone rip me a model of Bugs Bunny from Looney Tunes game
Quote:Ripping single frog from Funny Wilderness title
Quote:Ripping backgrounds from Super Mario RPG???

Now there's something really novel about this: you're asking for one SPECIFIC ASSET from a VERY SPECIFIC GAME. This is not very motivating for someone who reverse engineers these games as a hobby. This is about as exciting as your mom asking you
Quote:Have you finished your project due Friday?

No one wants to rip one thing. Or maybe they do, I don't know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but think about something for a spicy minute: Games nowadays have folder structures and directories. Games from the past usually have sprites that are compressed down for optimal storage. Digging through like this the smart, techie way - and not only that, instead of getting ONE asset, the ripper has the chance to get ALL the assets.

So in the future, why phrase your requests like this:
Quote:Looking for a few models from Birth by Sleep
when you can ask:
Quote:Extracting character models from Birth by Sleep?

Oh right - that's the other thing: If and when you ask it this way, the brilliant ripper who'll fulfill your request may feel obligated to share how they managed to do it. If they do, odds are you can replicate the process yourself and revisit the game as many times as you need to...and if you get stuck with errors, we could probably help you through those as well.

And if they do share that process, feel free to post how on our Wiki! (I mean that's pretty much the idea behind it)

You probably didn't read the first post anyway but hopefully you'll read this one! Happy requesting!
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Want your request fulfilled? READ THIS - by Kosheh - 02-02-2019, 03:17 PM