Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
In Gabbuchi, the blocks have the face of Cubix (Ofihombre)
Sad 
I think I haven't learned from the Cubix case in Gabucchi. I have made the same mistake in another game with another coincidence called "Cursed Cruiser" (link: https://luisquid.itch.io/cursed-cruiser), when I was looking the emote with the smile Smile, i said this: "Lol, Kenney was used the Cubix (Ofihombre) as an emote. Although it is based on an HD version of this" (I don't know if it was exactly like that, because I had deleted the original comment about it), and therefore the creator of the game for the Kenney Jam 2020 (Luisquid) he let himself be believed in what he said and put me the link to my Cubix game to credit me.

And it is from there when that things got ugly. Kenney came very annoyed that one of his assets was posing as something of mine, apart from that he had affirmed saying that Cubix's face it's a simple arrangement of a few pixels so basic that multiple people could accidentally draw the same thing, and he never seen my game before creating the asset pack. The truth is that he was right, but I was ignoring him in the middle of the argument.

Hours later, It seemed that I had understood my mistake, I asked Luisquid to remove the link from my game because I told him by mistake that it was for "identity theft", but it was actually because "I claimed that he based my sprite on his game sprite" (as Kenney said), so I corrected my mistake and apologized to Kenney. But sadly my apology turned to hypocrisy when Divivior saw what I was doing in the meantime.

Anyway, the only thing I have achieved is that they saw one of my games with very bad eyes. In conclusion, the face of Cubix is so basic that it is the reason for being a free game and it doesn't make sense to give claims to such a degree.
Also, It gives me very bad in the Game Jams (I was once banned by putting several of my games on jams that have nothing to do just to promote).
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: In Gabbuchi, the blocks have the face of Cubix (Ofihombre) - by ofihombre7 - 08-25-2020, 10:10 AM