Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
In Gabbuchi, the blocks have the face of Cubix (Ofihombre)
Information 
Yes, at the beginning, but then I start thinking. And you are right, it's just a coincidence that the Gabbuchi blocks have the same face as Cubix (Ofihombre), besides that it's just a simple face without a license that anyone can use it. But seeing the game, as it was something that I did before them, it was the first reaction I had.
In the week before the launch for Nintendo Switch, I contacted the company of h.a.n.d. to make a small demand on my character content, and the following week, this was the answer they gave me:
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Dear Mr. Alexandre Monfort Ferrer,
I am Takahiro Suzuki, the operating officer of h.a.n.d., Inc / producer of Gabbuchi. After we have received your email dated Jan 24th (JSD), 2019 regarding Gabbuchi, we checked your Cubix gameplay video. We are very surprised to learn that the blocks in Gabbuchi and the character Cubix are partially similar.

Gabucchi is the game which has been originally designed and developed by our development staff, and so are characters and designs in the game.  As you mentioned in your email, we didn’t know the existence of Cubix earlier and therefore didn’t refer to or imitate Cubix. Unfortunately, this is the result of coincidence. Also, the Cubix character is a modeled person which is expressed as a face with two legs. On the other hand, our block is just a block with a simple face drawn.

In such a case, we believe copyright infringement doesn’t apply to both Japan’s and Spanish legislation. If you still insist that Gabbuchi which we have developed infringes your copyright, you will be required to prove that we infringed your property. In other words, you must prove that we introduced or imitated your Cubix character with enough evidences. However, since we didn’t perform such acts, we believe it’s impossible for you to find such evidences and prove infringement.

For all of these reasons, unfortunately we cannot accept your claim.
I pray for your future success.

Best regards,
Takahiro Suzuki

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: In Gabbuchi, the blocks have the face of Cubix (Ofihombre) - by ofihombre7 - 02-01-2019, 04:27 AM