Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[Help Still Needed] Extract, build a packer .csa files
So I recently discovered a thread dedicated to ripping files from the Star Stable games a while back. The thread is basically necro at this point but now I am curious. I have been trying to access the files for the MMO Star Stable Online to look at the models of the horses close-up. I was able to view them and edit them just fine for a while until a recent update had the files packed into 12 .CSA files for the data. I am a complete noob when it comes to programming so maybe this is waaaaay out of my league and i should learn at least some basic programming first but i wanted to take a shot in asking this forum for some assistance or to point me in the right direction to learn how to do it myself. 

The most helpful quote on the original thread was this:

Quote:Hi all,

yes sso changed the file structure, but is not difficult to break the new packed files.
In Packfiles folder are file.csa for data and csaheader for filename, size, crc and position.
Is very easy to build a packer. you need a programming language like java and a hex editor like HxD(for windows).

Unfortunately, SSO has encrypted the PTE files -.-

So i need to build a packer, but maybe i'm not using the right google searches cuz i can't find anything directly focused at what i'm looking for i guess?
Any help would be appreciated. I really do want to learn how this all works.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
[Help Still Needed] Extract, build a packer .csa files - by SimplisticCuriosities - 12-31-2018, 01:49 AM