Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Luigi's Mansion 2 Research Thread
(05-21-2019, 10:59 AM)Pingu! Wrote: For music, if it's like Luigi's Mansion 1, the DSP is being worked on by a guy at hcs, who is designing a custom, sequenced format to be read by vgmstream. It's in development, but he plans for it to work with other games like Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion eventually. (Saw this talked about in their discord, but don't know if Luigi's Mansion 2 uses this same format).
I think I saw some of that, BMS has been a format that hasn't been reversed in such a long time(or atleast reversed to a good degree)...but music from LM1 3DS remake could probably be extracted even easier, since it's uses sequenced format very similar to sdat on DS(which is quite well RE'd if I remember correctly). But Luigi's Mansion 2 is pretty lame in this aspect. All audio is streamed(and I don't think wwiseaudio(which is an off the shelf commercial sound engine btw) even supports any kind of sequenced audio), and furthermore audio for every cutscene is premixed(which is strange considering that all cutscenes are rendered in real time and are not FMVs, which is not too common on the 3DS) meaning that background music is mixed with sfx(so were not getting a clean version of the elevator theme or any other cutscene music unfortunately). Actually LM2 wasn't developed in-house by Ninty, so this game has way more similarities to another Next-Level Games game Punch-Out Wii(and that also uses wwiseaudio btw) as I've discovered a few days ago (thanks once again The Prawn for suggesting me to look at it!)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Luigi's Mansion 2 Research Thread - by CHEMI6DER - 11-13-2018, 04:46 AM
RE: Luigi's Mansion 2 Research Thread - by CHEMI6DER - 05-21-2019, 02:45 PM