Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
this is a cringe joke post
If you're like 11 years old and this is your first shot at pixelart - this isn't quite pixelart but I've gotta applaud you for giving digital art a shot! But yeah this is far from pixelart. First off, the image is blurry against a solid white background so it's right off the bat useless in someone's project.

Pixelart actually, I don't know? Actually has some effort to try to stick to the particular style of a medium. Like for example...this pixelart that can be found on TSR. This would be considered pixelart.

[Image: 18276.png]

Like I don't know you could make the argument that an "MSPaint drawing" still qualifies as art, but there's a level of quality and effort associated with the medium that quantifies something as "pixel art" (usually self-imposed rules are what comes to mind)

I usually never, ever suggest this but I'd suggest tracing over an art piece in MSPaint to get an idea of what level of effort needs to go into an art piece (the outline, use of colors, shading, etc)
Since it's traced you technically can't submit it attempting to pass it off as original art - but that's OK - a lot of great artists have plenty of illustrations they draw that the public doesn't necessarily see that helps them better grasp the world around them in their artwork.

P.S. If you're thinking of submitting this to the Spriter's Resource, most art on there typically...has the intention of being "recycled" for use in other projects - sometimes credited to you. This isn't Deviantart. Before submitting, think to yourself: "Could anyone else use this pixelart I'm about to submit in their project?"
tl;dr I'd practice a bit but you've got the right idea
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: DioShiba, Ton, janekonkon

Messages In This Thread
this is a cringe joke post - by janekonkon - 08-16-2018, 10:59 AM
RE: Mai Pixelart - by DioShiba - 08-16-2018, 11:24 AM
RE: Mai Pixelart - by janekonkon - 08-16-2018, 11:28 AM
RE: Mai Pixelart - by Gors - 08-17-2018, 06:43 AM
RE: Mai Pixelart - by DioShiba - 08-17-2018, 08:26 AM
RE: Mai Pixelart - by Kosheh - 08-17-2018, 08:10 AM